What’s New in Final Cut Pro 10.4.9. Explore the powerful new features in Final Cut Pro 10.4.9 with. Apple debuted a brand-new iPad today at its education-themed press event in Chicago. It’s not any cheaper than the lowest-cost iPad you could have already purchased ($329), but you can score a.
- Apple Education Store Final Cut Pro
- Apple Education Store Final Cut Program
- Apple Education Store Final Cut Promo
- Final Cut Pro Education Price
Final Cut Pro X combines power and flexibility to let you create great app previews. Start by capturing screen recordings from your iOS device or Apple TV with QuickTime Player on your Mac. Next, you’ll use Final Cut Pro to edit the recordings and add titles, transitions, a soundtrack, and voiceover.
To learn about App Store guidelines for app previews, read Show More with App Previews and see App Store Connect Help.
- iOS device with Lightning connector, Retina display, and iOS 9 or Apple TV (4th generation)
- Mac with OS X v10.10.5 Yosemite or later
- Final Cut Pro X v10.1.3 or later
Capture Screen Recordings with QuickTime Player
- Connect your iOS device or Apple TV to your Mac using a Lightning cable (iOS device) or USB-Type C cable (Apple TV).
- Open QuickTime Player on your Mac.
- Choose File > New Movie Recording.
- In the window that appears, select your device as the Camera and Microphone input source.
Create an App Preview with Final Cut Pro X
Import Screen Recordings
Import the screen recording files that you captured with QuickTime Player.
- Launch Final Cut Pro.
- Create a new library for your preview video by choosing File > New > Library.
- Import the video files by choosing File > Import > Media.
Create an App Preview Project
- Create a new project by choosing File > New > Project.
- Name the project and choose Use Custom Settings.
- Choose Video Properties: Custom.
- From the Format pulldown menu, choose Custom.
- Change the Rate to 30p.
- Change the Resolution to match your screen recording files. See App Preview Specifications.
- Click a video clip in the Browser at the top left of the Final Cut Pro interface.
- Drag the clip to the timeline.
- After a clip is in the timeline, you can make it shorter or longer by dragging either of its edges.
Apple Education Store Final Cut Pro
- Click the Title Browser button in the center toolbar.
- Select the App Preview category of titles.
- To make a title appear over a video clip, drag it above the clip in the timeline. To make a title appear over black or a background color, drag it directly to the timeline.
- Select the title in the timeline, then double-click the text in the Viewer and type your text.
- Choose Window > Show Inspector to open the Inspector, where you can customize the font and color of a title.
- Click the Transitions Browser button in the center toolbar.
- Drag a transition before or after a clip in the timeline.
- Adjust the duration of a transition by dragging the edge of the transition icon in the timeline.
Create a Soundtrack
- Click the Music and Sound Browser button in the center toolbar.
- Click to select a sound library, then select the audio file you’d like to add.
- Drag the file underneath a video clip in the timeline.
Apple Education Store Final Cut Program
- Choose Window > Record Voiceover.
- In the window that appears, click the Record button.
- Your voiceover audio clip will be automatically connected to video in the timeline.
Export Your App Preview
- Select the finished project in the Browser.
- Choose File > Share > Master File.
- Click the Settings tab and confirm that the Video codec is H.264.
- Click the Next button and choose where to save your finished preview.
To learn more about using Final Cut Pro X, visit Final Cut Pro X Help.
Additional training resources are available on the Final Cut Pro X Resources page.
Move a library
Move a Final Cut Pro library to an external drive to save space or to edit your project on another Mac.Learn how to move a Final Cut Pro library
About Final Cut Pro
See what features Final Cut Pro has to offer.Learn about Final Cut Pro
Resolve an issue
If Final Cut Pro isn’t working, isolate and fix the issue.Learn how to resolve an issue in Final Cut Pro
About incompatible media in Final Cut Pro
Detect and convert incompatible media in Final Cut Pro in macOS Mojave.
Apple Education Store Final Cut PromoDetect and convert incompatible media in Final Cut Pro projects
Final Cut Pro Education Price
Have a question?
Ask everyone. Our Apple Support Community can help you find answers.Ask the Apple Support Community
Tell us how we can help
Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.Get support
Apple welcomes your feedback about Final Cut Pro.