Mar 26, 2021 How to Set Up Remote Desktop Windows 10 To set up a remote desktop in Windows 10, go to Settings System Remote Desktop. Then turn on the slider for Enable Remote Desktop. Next, search Settings for Allow an app through Windows firewall and enable the Remote Desktop app for Private and Public. Mar 03, 2020 The lesser known built-in Quick Assist from Windows 10 implements a different way of connecting to the remote client. The supporter connects to a Microsoft cloud service by starting Quick Assist and logging in with a Microsoft Account (MSA and AAD accounts supported). Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) has been a feature of Windows since the XP Pro days. Here's a look at using it in Windows 10 with the Remote Desktop app.
Control Other Windows 10 Computers!
If you need to remote access and take control of another Windows 10 PC or laptop then this can easily be done.
If you are troubleshooting someone’s system for them or trying to fix any issues that they are having on their PC, then sometimes it is easier to take control of their computer remotely. This way you can see what’s going on and hopefully fix any issues.
Quick assist is a free program built into Windows 10 which will allow you to access another PC across the internet. So it does not matter the location of the computer, as long as they are connected to the internet and have Windows 10 then you will be able to take full control or view their Windows 10 laptop or pc.
To remote to another PC:
1. Open the Windows 10 start menu and type in quick > Open Quick Assist > Once the program is open get the person on the other PC to do the same
2. Press ‘Assist another person > Sign in to your Microsoft account (the other person will not need to sign in) > You will now be given a security code
3. The code will now need to be typed into the other PC that you are assisting under ‘code from assistance’ > They will also need to select share screen
4. You will now have the choice of selecting ‘Take full control’ or just ‘View screen’ > Press continue
Enable Remote Desktop Windows 10
5. The other PC will have a pop up asking them if they accept permission for you to connect > They need to press allow (you will now either have full control or can view the other PC’s screen)
Built In Remote Desktop Windows 10 Free
Check out this video tutorial below on FREE Remote Desktop Built Into Windows 10 if you are getting stuck: