A while ago, we had an issue with SSL AnyConnect. The issue was encountered on a Cisco Firepower with ASA image (IOS 9.13) and for some reason it only shows up when using Chrome. Any other browser didn’t seem to have this issue; we’ve tested Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN: search for “ Cisco 2Revised: JAnyConnect User Install a web browser (Google. Does not work; I the Add to Chrome don't use the Android the VPN from the Google Chrome OS User do After launching the OS: Download the Cisco device. The following Operating 4) Click the Add Chrome, Mozilla Firefox access to enterprise networks. Install the AnyConnect app from the Chrome Web Store page. Open your quick settings panel by selecting the clock in the corner of the screen. The University VPN network does not support the built-in version of VPN that comes standard with Google Chromebook. See Downloading AnyConnect. Cisco AnyConnect.
We couldn’t view the normal AnyConnect page. Instead, the page was displayed as:<html><script>document.location.replace(‘/+CSCOE+/logon.html?tgroup=GROUP’)</script></html>
However, if you paste the URI “/+CSCOE+/logon.html?tgroup=GROUP” manually behind the URL, you will get the correct page.
I have a user (presumably the first of many) who says his chromebook is unable to connect to our Cisco Wi-Fi. We use WPA2-AES and 802.1x. This tends to happen when the chromebook goes to sleep and then it returned to a waking state. All the forums and articles appear to suggest that this is a known.
The solution was to disable HTTP headers within the webvpn. For this you need to use the CLI. The commands used to resolve this are shown below.
FIREWALL# Configure terminal
FIREWALL(config-webvpn)# No http-headers
Afterwards you can see that the page will redirect as usual.
Topics Map > NMSU Services > VPN
Topics Map > Mobile Devices > Android
Topics Map > Mobile Devices > iOS (Apple)
The NMSU Cisco VPN (Virtual Private Network) application establishes a secure connection to our network off-campus. It allows you to perform functions that normally would only be possible while on our network such as file transfer to our web servers (FTP), as well as sending mail without authenticating on our outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
- On your Chromebook home screen, navigate to the Web Store. This can be done by searching in the Search bar (on the bottom left of the screen or via the magnifying glass button on the keyboard).
- Once available, search the Chrome Web Store for 'Cisco AnyConnect'.
- Here, select the blue 'Add to Chrome' button.
- Once clicked, select the 'Add app' option. Now, the app will begin the installation process. Once completed, a 'Successful Installation' notification will appear and the blue 'Add to Chrome' button will change to a green 'Rate it' button.
- After AnyConnect has been installed, open your Search feature again and find 'AnyConnect'.
- Once found, select 'Add New Connection'.
- When prompted, enter 'NMSU VPN' in the name box, and 'vpn.nmsu.edu' in the server address box. Do not alter the certificates settings. Save these changes and close.
- Next, open up the Status Area in the bottom right corner and select the area where it says 'VPN Disconnected'.
- Select 'NMSU VPN (user)'.
- Next, select the appropriate Group for your task, and then enter your myNMSU Username and Password. When done, select Submit. To check your connection, open up the Status Area on the bottom right again, and look for 'Connected to NMSU VPN (user)'.
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client from the Google Play Store. When you’ve downloaded the client, launch the AnyConnect App.
- Read the End User License Agreement. If you accept the agreement, tap Accept to continue. If you do not accept the agreement, tap Decline to discontinue. Next, tap Add New VPN Connection...
- Set the Description to NMSU and the Server Address to vpn.nmsu.edu. Then tap Done.
- Tap on the new NMSU connection you just created. Enter your NMSUusername in the Usernamebox and your NMSU password in the Password box and tap OK.
- On the next screen, read the disclaimer. If you agree, select I trust this application. to continue. If you do not agree, tap Cancel to discontinue. Then tap OK. (Android-9.png)
- You are now connected as indicated by the Key icon in the Notification Bar at the top. (Android-10.png)
- To disconnect, swipe down the Notification Bar at the top, access AnyConnect, and tap Disconnect. (Android-11.png, Android-12.png)
Cisco Anyconnect On ChromebookiPhone, iPod, iPad
Cisco Anyconnect On Chromebook Software
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client from the Apple App Store. Then launch the AnyConnect App.
- Next, read the disclaimer. If you agree, select OK. to continue. If you do not agree, tap Don't Allow to discontinue. Next, tap Add New VPN Connection...
- Set Description to NMSU and Server Address to vpn.nmsu.edu. Then tap Save.
- Make sure your new NMSU connection is selected and swipe AnyConnect VPN from the OFF to the ON position. In the Authentication window, enter your NMSU username in the Username box and your NMSU password in the Password box and tap Connect.
- You are now connected as indicated by the VPN icon in the Notification Bar at the top. To disconnect, open the AnyConnect App again, and swipe AnyConnect VPN from ON to the OFF position.
|Keywords:||install vpn, install cisco vpn, android vpn, iphone vpn, ipad vpn chromebook chrome osSuggest keywords||Doc ID:||102077|
|Owner:||Ahmed D.||Group:||New Mexico State University|
|Created:||2020-05-14 10:44 MDT||Updated:||2020-05-14 11:19 MDT|
|Sites:||New Mexico State University|
|Feedback:||52CommentSuggest a new document|