Stanford's VPN allows you to connect to Stanford's network as if you were on campus, making access to restricted services possible. To connect to the VPN from your Windows computer you need to install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
Cisco VPN Client را نصب و پیکربندی کنید برای نصب یک کلاینت VPN در ویندوز 10، مراحل اضافی مورد نیاز خواهد بود. این به خاطر این واقعیت است که برنامه از تاریخ 30 ژوئیه 2016 به طور رسمی پشتیبانی نمی شود. Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client empowers remote workers with frictionless, highly secure access to the enterprise network from any device, at any time, in any location while protecting the organization. For organizations of all sizes that need to protect sensitive data at scale, Duo is the user-friendly zero-trust security platform for all. برای دانلود لینک زیر را کپی کرده و با کمک برنامه ی (اینترنت دانلود منیجر)یا(EagleGet) ذخیره سازی کنید.
Two types of VPN are available:
- Default Stanford (split-tunnel). When using Stanford's VPN from home, we generally recommend using the Default Stanford split-tunnel VPN. This routes and encrypts all traffic going to Stanford sites and systems through the Stanford network as if you were on campus. All non-Stanford traffic proceeds to its destination directly.
- Full Traffic (non-split-tunnel). This encrypts all internet traffic from your computer but may inadvertently block you from using resources on your local network, such as a networked printer at home. If you are traveling or using wi-fi in an untrusted location like a coffee shop or hotel, you may wish to encrypt all of your internet traffic through the Full Traffic non-split-tunnel VPN to provide an additional layer of security.
Cisco Anyconnect Soft98.ir
You can select the type of VPN you want to use each time you connect to the Stanford Public VPN.
Install the VPN client
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN for Windows installer.
- Double-click the InstallAnyConnect.exe file.
- When a message saying the Cisco AnyConnect client has been installed, click OK.
Connect to the Stanford VPN
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client client.
If you don't see Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client in the list of programs, navigate to Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- When prompted for a VPN, enter su-vpn.stanford.edu and then click Connect.
- Enter the following information and then click OK:
- Group: select Default Stanford split- tunnel (non-Stanford traffic flows normally on an unencrypted internet connection) or Full Traffic non-split-tunnel (all internet traffic flows through the VPN connection)
- Username: your SUNet ID
- Password: your SUNet ID password
- Next, the prompt for two-step authentication displays. Enter a passcode or enter the number that corresponds to another option(in this example, enter 1 to authenticate using Duo Push to an iPad). Then click Continue.
- You may have to scroll down the list to see all of your options.
- If your only registered authentication method is printed list, hardware token, or Google Authenticator, the menu does not display. Enter a passcode in the Answer field and click Continue.
- Click Accept to connect to the Stanford Public VPN service.
- Once the VPN connection is established, a message displays in the lower-right corner of your screen, informing you that you are now connected to the VPN.
Disconnect from the Stanford VPN
- In the notification area, click the Cisco AnyConnect icon if it is displayed. Otherwise, go to your list of programs and click Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- At the prompt, click Disconnect.
|This article refers to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. If you're looking for information on the Prisma Access VPN Beta that uses the GobalConnect app, see: Prisma Access VPN Landing Page. |
If you're not sure which service you're using, see: How do I know if I'm using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN or the Prisma Access VPN?
On this page:
This guide will assist with the installation of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for Windows (Vista, 7, 8.1 and 10).
Cisco Anyconnect Software Center
You need administrator level account access to install this software. When prompted with Windows UAC (User Access Control) you need to allow to install this software.
- Download the VPN installer from MIT's download page, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Windows. Note:MIT certificates required.
- Find and double click the downloaded file named 'anyconnect-win-4.5.XXXXXX.exe', where XXXXXX is the sub-version number of the installer.
- On the following screen titled 'Welcome to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup Wizard', click Next.
- When presented with the software license agreement, click I accept on the slide-down menu and click Next.
- Click Install when prompted (Note: the user must be an administrator of the machine to install).
Note: You may be warned the program comes from an unknown publisher and asked to confirm that you want to allow it to make changes to your computer. Click Yes to continue.
- When installer begins installation you will see
- Click Finish when prompted to complete installation.
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect.
- Enter the address of the MIT Cisco VPN:
- Duo (two-factor authentication) required users must use: vpn.mit.edu/duo.
- Non-Duo (single-factor authentication): vpn.mit.edu
- Click Connect.
- When prompted, enter your MIT username and password.
- For Duo users, in the field labeled 'Second Password' you can enter one of the following options:
- push - Duo will send a push notification to your registered cell phone with the Duo Security mobile app installed
- push2 - Duo will send a push notification to your _second registered device with the Duo Security mobile app installed_
- sms - Duo will send anSMSto your registered cell phone; then enter that as your second password (you will fill out the login info twice with this method, first to get the sms code, then to enter it)
- phone - Duo will call your registered cell phone
- phone2 - Duo will call your second registered cell phone
- The one time code generated by your hardware token or the Duo Security mobile app (the code changes ever 60 seconds)
In this example, we've entered 'push' in the 'Second Password' field.
Sometimes methods with lag time, like Call, will time out before allowing you to complete Duo Authentication. SMS and one time codes generated by your hardware token (yubikey) or the Duo Security mobile app are the fastest methods and can help you avoid time-out issues.
'How to call different devices'
If you have multiple devices that can use the same method, for instance two mobile phones or two phones that can receive phone calls, you can reference them by different numbers. For instance, to call the top device on your managed devices page (http://duo.mit.edu), you can use 'phone' (for the default) or 'phone1' to call the second phone, you can use 'phone2'.
- In this example, you will receive a push notification on your cell phone. Click Approve.
- Cisco AnyConnect should now present you with the MIT VPN banner and the VPN connection will complete.