Cisco does not support Windows 8 with any VPN client at this time. I would recommend contacting Cisco to find out if they have a roadmap in place. New Version of Anyconnect just released August 9th works with Windows 8 x64. Version 3.1.00495. Cisco must have read my mind! Awesome I can keep my Windows 8 laptop now. Cisco Anyconnect Vpn Client For Windows 8 1 free download - Cisco VPN Client, Cisco Legacy AnyConnect, Cisco VPN Client Fix for Windows 8.1 and 10, and many more programs. Cisco Anyconnect Vpn Client For Windows 8.1 free download - Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Linux, Cisco VPN Client, Cisco Legacy AnyConnect, and many more programs. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. So deleted that info, and was left with just Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64. Fired up the VPN Client and connected without any problems The Cisco team has commented on my post, this is what they wrote.
|This article refers to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. If you're looking for information on the Prisma Access VPN Beta that uses the GobalConnect app, see: Prisma Access VPN Landing Page. |
If you're not sure which service you're using, see: How do I know if I'm using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN or the Prisma Access VPN?
On this page:
This guide will assist with the installation of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for Windows (Vista, 7, 8.1 and 10).
Cisco Anyconnect Windows 8 Download 32 Bit
Cisco Anyconnect Windows 8.1 Download
You need administrator level account access to install this software. When prompted with Windows UAC (User Access Control) you need to allow to install this software.
- Download the VPN installer from MIT's download page, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Windows. Note:MIT certificates required.
- Find and double click the downloaded file named 'anyconnect-win-4.5.XXXXXX.exe', where XXXXXX is the sub-version number of the installer.
- On the following screen titled 'Welcome to the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Setup Wizard', click Next.
- When presented with the software license agreement, click I accept on the slide-down menu and click Next.
- Click Install when prompted (Note: the user must be an administrator of the machine to install).
Note: You may be warned the program comes from an unknown publisher and asked to confirm that you want to allow it to make changes to your computer. Click Yes to continue.
- When installer begins installation you will see
- Click Finish when prompted to complete installation.
- Launch Cisco AnyConnect.
- Enter the address of the MIT Cisco VPN:
- Duo (two-factor authentication) required users must use: vpn.mit.edu/duo.
- Non-Duo (single-factor authentication): vpn.mit.edu
- Click Connect.
- When prompted, enter your MIT username and password.
- For Duo users, in the field labeled 'Second Password' you can enter one of the following options:
- push - Duo will send a push notification to your registered cell phone with the Duo Security mobile app installed
- push2 - Duo will send a push notification to your _second registered device with the Duo Security mobile app installed_
- sms - Duo will send anSMSto your registered cell phone; then enter that as your second password (you will fill out the login info twice with this method, first to get the sms code, then to enter it)
- phone - Duo will call your registered cell phone
- phone2 - Duo will call your second registered cell phone
- The one time code generated by your hardware token or the Duo Security mobile app (the code changes ever 60 seconds)
In this example, we've entered 'push' in the 'Second Password' field.
Sometimes methods with lag time, like Call, will time out before allowing you to complete Duo Authentication. SMS and one time codes generated by your hardware token (yubikey) or the Duo Security mobile app are the fastest methods and can help you avoid time-out issues.
'How to call different devices'
If you have multiple devices that can use the same method, for instance two mobile phones or two phones that can receive phone calls, you can reference them by different numbers. For instance, to call the top device on your managed devices page (http://duo.mit.edu), you can use 'phone' (for the default) or 'phone1' to call the second phone, you can use 'phone2'.
- In this example, you will receive a push notification on your cell phone. Click Approve.
- Cisco AnyConnect should now present you with the MIT VPN banner and the VPN connection will complete.