Friday Night Funkin Music Mask Printed Facial Decorations For Women And Men, Kid for Adult, Kids, Washable an Reusable Mask TshiDesigns 4.5 out of 5 stars (54). Friday Night Funkin is a program developed by ninjamuffin99. Access and see more information, as well as download and install Friday Night Funkin. I can't believe I have to say this, but NO ADVERTISING! Please, just- no. This is a Friday Night Funkin' studio, we don't care about your Stranger Things studio or your Fortnite giveaway. Kermiyt gang sucks ROLES - BF ( @B00GMAN08) - GF ( @RinikaKitty) - Daddy Dearest AuthenticDrifter) - Mommy Must Murder ( @LuxelNScratch).
|Friday Night Funkin'|
|Release||November 1, 2020|
Friday Night Funkin' is a free-to-play and open-sourcerhythm game. Developed by a team of four Newgrounds users, the game has a play style that is similar to Dance Dance Revolution and PaRappa the Rapper, and with an aesthetic reminiscent of Flash games popular in the early-to-mid 2000s.
The game revolves around the player character, simply named 'Boyfriend', who has to defeat an array of characters in singing and rapping contests for him to be able to date his love interest, 'Girlfriend'.
Friday Night Funkin' is a rhythm game in which the player must pass multiple levels, referred to as 'weeks', each containing multiple songs. Each week, the player faces a different opponent.
During 'story mode' gameplay, the opponent will sing a pattern of notes, which the player must then mirror by using the arrow keys or the keys W, A, S, and D. Later songs introduce more complicated patterns, with the player's pattern sometimes varying from the opponent's or both singers engaging in a duet.
At the bottom of the screen is a bar indicating how well the player is doing. The left side of the bar is red, representing the opponent. The right side is green, representing the player. Successfully hitting notes will increase the size of the player's bar, while missing notes or pressing when there are no notes will cause the opponent's bar to expand. The player fails if the opponent's bar fills up the entire bar. The player wins if their bar survives for the entire song.
For each week, the player has the option to select one of three difficulties: Easy, Medium, and Hard. As the difficulty increases, the speed of incoming arrows increases and the patterns of arrows become more complicated. The player's high score for each week on each difficulty is tracked and shown in the top corner of the week selection screen.
The player can also play in 'free play' mode, where the 'week' structure and any cutscenes are ignored and the player can play any individual song on its own.
Week 1 (titled 'Daddy Dearest') features the songs 'Bopeebo', 'Fresh', and 'Dad Battle'. The player takes the role of a blue-haired boy referred to as 'Boyfriend' (often shortened to 'BF' by fans) who wants to date his girlfriend (similarly shortened to 'GF' by fans), whose father, an ex-rock star, disapproves of their relationship. Boyfriend must convince Girlfriend's father to let him date her through his musical talent.
Week 2 (titled 'Spooky Month') features the songs 'South', 'Spookeez', and 'Monster'. The opponents of Week 2 are a Halloween-themed duo called Skid and Pump (from the Sr Pelo animated web series 'Spooky Month'), who look like a small skeleton and pumpkin, respectively. Another opponent exists in this Week as well, a monster with a lemon-shaped head, simply referred to as 'Monster'.
Week 3 (titled 'Pico') features the songs 'Pico', 'Philly Nice', and 'Blammed'. Boyfriend must battle against Pico, a mascot of Newgrounds and the protagonist of Pico's School.
Week 4 (titled 'Mommy Must Murder') features the songs 'Satin Panties', 'High', and 'M.I.L.F'. Boyfriend must face-off against Girlfriend's mother, referred to simply as 'The Mom'. Week 4 takes place on the rooftop of several limousines, with dancing henchmen in the background.
Week 5 (titled 'Red Snow') features the songs 'Cocoa', 'Eggnog', and 'Winter Horrorland'. Week 5 takes place in a shopping mall, around Christmas, where Boyfriend must battle against both of Girlfriend's parents. The Monster from Week 2 returns as well.
Week 6 (titled 'Hating Simulator ft. Moawling') features the songs 'Senpai', 'Roses', and 'Thorns'. The graphics for Week 6 are 16-bit. Boyfriend must battle against a character named 'Senpai', who also wants to date Girlfriend.
Week 7 (titled 'Tankman') features the songs 'Ugh', 'Guns', and 'Stress'. Boyfriend, with the help of Girlfriend and Pico, battles against John Captain (Tankman), another Newgrounds mascot.
Ninjamuffin99 and three of his friends from Newgrounds (artists Dave 'Phantom Arcade' Brown and evilsk8r, as well as composer Isaac 'Kawai Sprite' Garcia) initially developed Friday Night Funkin' as a submission to the Ludum Dare 47, posting a demo of Week 1 online with only two songs. The demo received unexpected success, leading to many requests for a full game. In response to this, Ninjamuffin99 said that he was already planning to expand the game, and to think of the Ludum Dare build as more of a prototype than a demo for the game.
Ninjamuffin99 posted a new build on Newgrounds (and later Itch.io) on November 1, 2020 that added a new title screen, a new song for Week 1, a level select menu, freeplay and story modes, a tutorial, a new game over screen, a pause menu, a debug mode, updated Boyfriend icons, and Week 2. Interest in the game grew, and it quickly became the highest-rated game in Newgrounds' 25-year history. The game has also received significant attention via trends on platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and Twitch. The game has an active modding community due to its open source release, allowing for the implementation of fan-made content. As a result, the game will receive polymod support. Week 7 was released as a timed exclusive on Newgrounds. Because of the amount of people trying to play the game, the Newgrounds website crashed for a time.
Its soundtrack, by composer Kawai Sprite, has been made available for free on Bandcamp and Spotify.
In April 2021, they announced plans to launch a Kickstarter project later in the month, to turn the demo into a full game. On April 18, a Kickstarter for the full version of the game was released, and reached its goal of $60,000 within hours.
- ^Friday Night Funkin is licensed under the Apache License 2.0 - see hereArchived March 10, 2021, at the Wayback Machine
- ^ abWery, Jackson (January 29, 2021). 'Friday Night Funkin' Fondly Recalls Flash Games'. TechRaptor. Archived from the original on February 3, 2021. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- ^ abDavies, Patrick (November 21, 2020). 'South Cariboo game designer reaps success'. 100 Mile House Free Press. Black Press. Archived from the original on November 27, 2020. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- ^Woodrick, Sam (February 12, 2021). 'All Guest Appearances in Friday Night Funkin'. Game Rant. Retrieved April 23, 2021.
- ^Holland, Naquan (February 26, 2021). 'Iconic PaRappa the Rapper Level Modded Into Friday Night Funkin''. Game Rant. Archived from the original on March 3, 2021. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- ^Lee, Julia (January 8, 2021). 'TikTok's algorithm led me to an amazing rhythm game'. Polygon. Archived from the original on March 3, 2021. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- ^Costa, Thomas Schulze (February 26, 2021). 'Conheça Friday Night Funkin', jogo de música que virou febre!'. TecMundo (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on February 27, 2021. Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- ^'Friday Night Funkin' Is Getting Polymod Support Soon'. TechRaptor. Retrieved April 19, 2021.
- ^Knight, Kyle (April 19, 2021). 'How To Play Week 7 Of Friday Night Funkin' – FNF Guide'. Dual Shockers. Retrieved April 19, 2021.
- ^Cohen, Skylar (April 19, 2021). 'Friday Night Funkin' Week 7 Reveal Crashes Newgrounds'. Game Rant. Retrieved April 19, 2021.
- ^Castillo, Alejandro (March 4, 2021). 'Friday Night Funkin: cómo jugar y descargar gratis en PC el juego musical de moda'. MeriStation (in Spanish). Archived from the original on March 4, 2021. Retrieved March 4, 2021.
- ^Davies, Patrick (April 2, 2021). 'Kickstarter launched for Friday Night Funkin''. 100 Mile House Free Press. Black Press. Archived from the original on April 2, 2021. Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- ^Wery, Jackson (April 18, 2021). 'Friday Night Funkin' Drops Week 7'. TechRaptor. Retrieved April 19, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Friday Night Funkin'.|
- Friday Night Funkin' on GitHub