The Lightspark virus (also found as the Lightspark Player Pro virus, Light Spark virus, Lightspark 0.5.3-git, Lightspark Team virus, Lightspark Pro virus, etc.; though not technically a computer virus) is potential malware categorized as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware that uses aggressive marketing techniques (browser redirects/auto install) and installs itself onto a Microsoft Windows computer system and attaches to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
Jan 15, 2019 I have a something that when I enter something into a search it takes to where I don’t don’t want to be. The file name starts with Rvzr. And then it comes up with update Lightspark player pro. I bought your software and it did not clean out the problem. Lightspark Lightspark is an open-source alternative to the Adobe flash player on the list that is written in C/C and runs on Linux. You will find Lightspark’s code on Github. This is the reason why Lightspark is another best Adobe Flash Player alternative. Lightspark is a free and open-source SWF player released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 3. Lightspark Efficiency Platform. Lightspark’s Efficiency Platform (SaaS or Software-as-a-Service) accelerates market transformation by bringing together homeowners, trades, auditors and efficiency-program managers all in one digital platform.
Once Lightspark malware is installed, the Media Player program will install third-party software such as Trovi Toolbar and Social Privacy (blocks access to the internet), attempt to display targeted advertisements and offers for searched items or currently viewed products on retail websites, and will change internet browser settings. This may cause browser redirects to trovi.com,search.conduit.com, and other websites.
Lightspark displays pop-up and pop-under advertisements that may redirect users to suspicious websites including downloaddino.com and prompts an advertisement that says “Please install Lightspark Player Pro to continue” or “Update needed to continue.” Some ads appear form the bottom right of an open internet browser window with targeted coupons and that may say “Deals” on the corner of the pop-up, alike the advertisement in the image above. Some of these advertisements may also be displayed by third-party software.
Lightspark malware and third-party items have also been reported to submit collected user information to third-party marketing and mailing lists without user consent. Some users have reported unwanted email spam, junk mail, and have even complained of unwanted telephone calls from telemarketers concerning their recent browser activity and history.
The Lightspark Player virus will allow third-party malware to infect a computer system if a user is not paying attention during the install process as pictured above.
How does Lightspark malware get onto a computer?
Lightspark Player often bundles with third-party freeware and shareware, as well as torrents from websites such as download.com and thepiratebay. Lightspark Player Pro is also aggressively marketed through a serious of “looping” or redirecting websites that may install the software once a user lands on a certain page or clicks a button or suggest that the software is needed.
In some cases users are given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Lightspark Player Pro and other items; however, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
Lightspark can also be manually and voluntarily downloaded from a variety of unethical sources including the company website.
- Automatically remove Lightspark virus – Scan for and automatically remove Lightspark Player Pro and third-party malware
- Manually remove Lightspark virus – Remove/Uninstall Lightspark Player Pro and third-party malware (if necessary)
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing this infection
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Lightspark Player Pro malware and third-party parasites, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your internet browsers.
1. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
2. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. If you are using the free version of Malwarebytes you will be prompted to update the database, make sure to do so.
3. On the first tab labeled “Scanner” select the Perform full scan option and click the Scan button to perform a full system scan. Malwarebytes will automatically detect malware infecting the computer system.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may prompt a notice stating malicious objects were detected. Select the malicious objects and click the Remove Selected button to completely remove the malicious files from your computer.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Lightspark Player by Lightspark Team.
1. Install the free or paid version ofCCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Lightspark (by Lightspark Team) and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Lightspark, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Lightspark and third-party software using Microsoft Windows removal procedures.
How to uninstall Lightspark Player Pro
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Lightspark (Lightspark Player Pro – Team) and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button. Keep in mind that Lightspark may use a different title name than suggested.
How to remove Lightspark add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions to remove Lightspark add-ons, extensions, plug-ins, and toolbars. Please note, it may be necessary to remove multiple third-party items.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Lightspark extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to them.
Lightspark For Mac
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
Lightspark For Mac Desktop
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Lightspark add-on and remove it.
Lightspark For Mac Os
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Lightspark add-on and remove it if located.