By Gina Barrow, Last updated: February 2, 2021
Memory Clean flushes out your RAM and displays your Mac's full memory stats in the menu bar. In just one click, your Mac's memory is purged. The developer recommends using it when you close an intensive app that you do not plan to use again for at least a few hours. MacCleaner Pro is a suite of six applications developed to clean up and speed up your Mac. It offers tools to find and remove duplicate files and folder (including the ability to merge Similar. Mar 31, 2021 Disk Drill is a prominent professional recovery tool for Mac and comes with useful disk cleaning functions. It analyzes storage space and locates different kinds of files, making it the best memory cleaner for Mac devices. It also monitors the health of the storage device and delivers timely alerts in case of any malfunctions. If you have a Mac you may have noticed that the beach ball spins from time to time or the computer slows down. This could be because you are running out of m.
All activities on Mac saves temporary and unimportant files including the things we save, bookmark, download, browse, and many more. Over time, these files tend to slow down and affect the performance of the device.
To ensure that your Mac is well-performing, you can remove all these junks manually or use a program to automatically clear out these files safely and conveniently.
To make the cleaning on Mac easier, therefore, we are going to discuss the best 5 Mac Cleaners for 2020 here. Let's check out the best free Mac Cleaner for 2021 and discover its advantages!
What is the best free mac cleaner in 2021?
- FoneDog Mac Cleaner
- CleanMyMac 3
- Dr. Cleaner
- Data Rescue
#1. Best Free Mac Cleaner in 2021 - FoneDog Mac Cleaner
The best Mac cleaner should have the analysis, cleanup, and optimization features to really get through the whole idea of removing unnecessary files and speed up the system.
FoneDog Mac Cleaner has the complete, comprehensive, and most effective solution, so far. It does not only boost your device's performance but rather ensures that every part of your Mac is working, stable, and at its peak level. May users are now switching to FoneDog Mac Cleaner because of these features and user-friendly interface.
FoneDog Toolkit - Mac Cleaner has all the essential tools needed to ensure that your Mac is running efficiently and effectively. It has the following powerful features:
- System Status
- Mac Cleaner
- Similar Image Finder
- Duplicate Files Finder
- Mac App Uninstaller
- Extensions Manager
- Browser Privacy Cleanup
- File Shredder
This program easily locates and deletes unnecessary files to free up space, analyze system status including the CPU status, memory, and disk usage. One of its best features is being user-friendly and no-beating-around-the-bush steps which make it one of the top choices of Mac users. FoneDog Mac Cleaner offers a free version for you to download and try!
People Also Read17 Reasons that Why Your Mac Running Slow!How to Speed up Your iMac/MacBook?
#2. CleanMyMac 3
CleanMyMac 3 by MacPaw is the third-gen utility offering useful tools. Its interface is simple yet it offers a variety of functions.
- General system clean
- Removing temporary files
- Deleting unnecessary parts of applications
- Removing any app files left after uninstalling
- Search and remove cache files or junk files
This program offers a free version for you to try too for a limited amount of file and requires purchase for a premium version.
#3. Dr. Cleaner
Dr. Cleaner is also a standout Mac cleaning software that sorts the disk usage results in categories and sub-categories after scanning. It offers 3 major features:
- Memory Optimization
- Disk Cleaning
- and System Monitoring
Its latest added features, Dr. Cleaner provides Junk Files Cleaner, Big Files Scanner, Duplicate Files Finder, Intelligent App Manager, and File Shredder.
DaisyDisk primarily focuses on scanning and analyzing the disk. It scans the disk to create a map of files and folders to keep all displayed information up to date and can scan multiple disks in parallel. Its colorful interface is also compelling with features:
- Scans multiple disks in parallel and at maximum speed
- Conveniently erases files right in the app
However, when it comes to complete cleanup solution, DaisyDisk only offers single-functionality which can be a con to most Mac users looking for an all-in-one solution.
#5. Data Rescue
Data Rescue is another Mac cleaning app to look for but its strengths are more on recovering hard drive. You can use Data Rescue when you are planning to recover files from a collapsed hard drive or from a failed and deleted file recovery. Nevertheless, Data Rescue is not really a Mac Cleaner, it can optimize through and clean up poorly performing files inside your Mac and other system areas that cause performance issues.We have just discovered the best 5 Mac cleaners for 2021 above. We hope that this article has helped you in your search for finding the best software that suits your needs. Each of the software we gave has its own pros and cons based on the exact functionality you are looking for.
Surely, using dedicated software will save you a lot of time rather than manually stressing yourself in finding these culprits and space-eaters inside your device. Remember that if you are using your computer on a daily basis, you should have a regular cleanup to ensure that it is on its well-running condition.
Although doing it manually saves you money, however, the safety and convenience of your files are also to be considered especially when you are unfamiliar with how these technicalities work. Besides, you can have longer benefits of using dedicated software, where you can use the time to spend on more important things.
Have you tried using a Mac cleaner? What's the best solution for you? Let us know in the comments below!
Optimized Storage helps you save storage space space by storing your content in iCloud and making it available on demand:
- When storage space is needed, files, photos, movies, email attachments, and other files that you seldom use are stored in iCloud automatically.
- Each file stays right where you last saved it, and downloads when you open it.
- Files that you’ve used recently remain on your Mac, along with optimized versions of your photos.
If you haven't yet upgraded to macOS Sierra or later, learn about other ways to free up storage space.
Find out how much storage is available on your Mac
Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, then click Storage. Each segment of the bar is an estimate of the storage space used by a category of files. Move your pointer over each segment for more detail.
Click the Manage button to open the Storage Management window, pictured below.
Manage storage on your Mac
The Storage Management window offers recommendations for optimizing your storage. If some recommendations are already turned on, you will see fewer recommendations.
Store in iCloud
Click the Store in iCloud button, then choose from these options:
- Desktop and Documents. Store all files from these two locations in iCloud Drive. When storage space is needed, only the files you recently opened are kept on your Mac, so that you can easily work offline. Files stored only in iCloud show a download icon , which you can double-click to download the original file. Learn more about this feature.
- Photos. Store all original, full-resolution photos and videos in iCloud Photos. When storage space is needed, only space-saving (optimized) versions of photos are kept on your Mac. To download the original photo or video, just open it.
- Messages. Store all messages and attachments in iCloud. When storage space is needed, only the messages and attachments you recently opened are kept on your Mac. Learn more about Messages in iCloud.
Storing files in iCloud uses the storage space in your iCloud storage plan. If you reach or exceed your iCloud storage limit, you can either buy more iCloud storage or make more iCloud storage available. iCloud storage starts at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month, and you can purchase additional storage directly from your Apple device. Learn more about prices in your region.
Click the Optimize button to save space by automatically removing watched movies and TV shows. When storage space is needed, movies or TV shows that you purchased from Apple and already watched are removed from your Mac. Click the download icon next to a movie or TV show to download it again.
Your Mac will also save space by keeping only recent email attachments on this Mac when storage space is needed. You can manually download any attachments at any time by opening the email or attachment, or saving the attachment to your Mac.
Optimizing storage for movies, TV shows, and email attachments doesn't require iCloud storage space.
Empty Trash Automatically
Empty Trash Automatically permanently deletes files that have been in the Trash for more than 30 days.
Reduce Clutter helps you identify large files and files you might no longer need. Click the Review Files button, then choose any of the file categories in the sidebar, such as Applications, Documents, Music Creation, or Trash.
You can delete the files in some categories directly from this window. Other categories show the total storage space used by the files in each app. You can then open the app and decide whether to delete files from within it.
Learn how to redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books.
Where to find the settings for each feature
Memory Clean App Mac Review
The button for each recommendation in the Storage Management window affects one or more settings in other apps. You can also control those settings directly within each app.
- If you're using macOS Catalina or later, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then select iCloud in the sidebar: Store in iCloud turns on the Optimize Mac Storage setting on the right. To turn off iCloud Drive entirely, deselect iCloud Drive.
- If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Options next to iCloud Drive. Store in iCloud turns on the Desktop & Documents Folders and Optimize Mac Storage settings.
- In Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then click iCloud. Store in iCloud selects iCloud Photos and Optimize Mac Storage.
- In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Store in iCloud selects Enable Messages in iCloud.
- If you're using macOS Catalina or later, open the Apple TV app, choose TV > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Files. Optimize Storage selects “Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows.”
- In you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, open iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Advanced. Optimize Storage selects “Automatically delete watched movies and TV shows.”
- In Mail, choose Mail > Preferences from the menu bar, then click Accounts. In the Account Information section on the right, Optimize Storage sets the Download Attachments menu to either Recent or None.
Empty Trash Automatically: From the Finder, choose Finder > Preferences, then click Advanced. Empty Trash Automatically selects “Remove items from the Trash after 30 days.”
Other ways that macOS helps automatically save space
With macOS Sierra or later, your Mac automatically takes these additional steps to save storage space:
- Detects duplicate downloads in Safari, keeping only the most recent version of the download
- Reminds you to delete used app installers
- Removes old fonts, languages, and dictionaries that aren't being used
- Clears caches, logs, and other unnecessary data when storage space is needed
How to free up storage space manually
Mac Memory Cleaner
Even without using the Optimized Storage features described in this article, you can take other steps to make more storage space available:
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space. Learn how to delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device.
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash. The Downloads folder is good place to look for files that you might no longer need.
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
- Delete unneeded email: In the Mail app, choose Mailbox > Erase Junk Mail. If you no longer need the email in your Trash mailbox, choose Mailbox > Erase Deleted Items.
Clean My Mac App Reviews
Best Memory Clean App Mac
- The Storage pane of About This Mac is the best way to determine the amount of storage space available on your Mac. Disk Utility and other apps might show storage categories such as Not Mounted, VM, Recovery, Other Volumes, Free, or Purgeable. Don't rely on these categories to understand how to free up storage space or how much storage space is available for your data.
- When you duplicate a file on an APFS-formatted volume, that file doesn't use additional storage space on the volume. Deleting a duplicate file frees up only the space required by any data you might have added to the duplicate. If you no longer need any copies of the file, you can recover all of the storage space by deleting both the duplicate and the original file.
- If you're using a pro app and Optimize Mac Storage, learn how to make sure that your projects are always on your Mac and able to access their files.