Nouns for transmit include transmissibilities, transmissibility, transmission, transmissionism, transmissionist, transmissionists, transmissions, transmissivities. Transmit definition is - to send or convey from one person or place to another: forward. How to use transmit in a sentence.
From Middle Englishtransmitten, borrowed from Latintrānsmittō(“transmit”, verb, literally “over-send”). See also oversend.
- enPR: trănsmĭt', trănzmĭt'IPA(key): /tɹænsˈmɪt/, /tɹænzˈmɪt/
- Rhymes: -ɪt
- Hyphenation: trans‧mit
transmit (third-person singular simple presenttransmits, present participletransmitting, simple past and past participletransmitted)
- (transitive) To send or convey something from one person, place or thing to another.
- (transitive) To spread or pass on something such as a disease or a signal.
- (transitive) To impart, convey or hand down something by inheritance or heredity.
- (transitive) To communicatenews or information.
- (transitive) To conveyenergy or force through a mechanism or medium.
- (intransitive) To send out a signal (as opposed to receive).
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- third-personsingular past historic of transmettre
- IPA(key): [tranˈsmit]
- first-personsingularpresentindicative of transmite
- third-personpluralpresentindicative of transmite
- first-personsingularpresentsubjunctive of transmite
What Does Transmit Mean
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for TRANSMITWe hope that the following list of synonyms for the word transmit will help you to finish your crossword today. We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find.
3 letter wordsFAX - JAM - PUT
4 letter wordsBEAM - CEDE - DEED - GIVE - HAND - MAIL - MOVE - PASS - PIPE - POST - SELL - SEND - SHIP - TELL - WILL - WIRE
5 letter wordsALIEN - BREAK - CABLE - CARRY - EXPEL - LEAVE - PHONE - RADIO - RELAY - REMIT - ROUTE - SHARE - TELEX - TRADE
6 letter wordsASSIGN - BARTER - CONFER - CONVEY - DEMISE - DEPORT - DEVISE - DIRECT - EMBARK - ENTAIL - EXPORT - FUNNEL - HAND ON - IMPART - IMPORT - PASS ON - RENDER - REPORT - SETTLE - SIGN ON - SIGNAL - SIPHON - SPREAD - SWITCH - SYPHON - WILL TO
7 letter wordsADDRESS - AIRMAIL - CHANNEL - CONDUCT - CONSIGN - DELIVER - DESCENT - DIFFUSE - ENFEOFF - EXPRESS - FORWARD - FREIGHT - GET OVER - INSTILL - PERFUSE - PROJECT - RADIATE - SEND OFF - SIGN OFF - TRAJECT
8 letter wordsALIENATE - AMORTIZE - BEQUEATH - DEED OVER - DESPATCH - DISPATCH - EXCHANGE - EXPEDITE - GIVE WORD - HAND DOWN - HAND OVER - MAKE OVER - NEWSCAST - PASS OVER - REGISTER - SEND AWAY - SEND WORD - SETTLE ON - SIGN AWAY - SIGN OVER - TRANSFER - TRANSMIT - TURN OVER - WIRELESS
9 letter wordsBROADCAST - CARRY OVER - EXTRADITE - GET ACROSS - GO THROUGH - LEAVE WORD - MAKE A WILL - MAKE KNOWN - NEGOTIATE - PASS ALONG - PROPAGATE - SEND A WIRE - SEND FORTH - SHARE WITH - SHORTWAVE - SURRENDER - TELEGRAPH - TELEPHONE - TRANSFUSE - TRANSLATE - TRANSPORT - TRANSPOSE
10 letter wordsABALIENATE - AIR-EXPRESS - AIRFREIGHT - SPORTSCAST - TRANSPLACE - TRANSPLANT
11 letter wordsADD A CODICIL - COMMUNICATE - DEVOLVE UPON - DISSEMINATE - DROP A LETTER - GIVE TITLE TO - HAND FORWARD - METASTASIZE - METATHESIZE - PASS THE BUCK - PASS THROUGH - TRANSLOCATE
12 letter wordsEXECUTE A WILL - MAKE A BEQUEST
14 letter wordsRADIOBROADCAST
15 letter wordsWILL AND BEQUEATH
16 letter wordsTRANSFER PROPERTY
Definition of transmit
- send from one person or place to another; 'transmit a message'
Anagrams of transmitST MARTIN - TANTRISM
Thanks for visiting The Crossword Solver.
We've listed any clues from our database that match your search. There will also be a list of synonyms for your answer. The synonyms have been arranged depending on the number of charachters so that they're easy to find.
If a particular answer is generating a lot of interest on the site today, it may be highlighted in orange.
If your word has any anagrams, they'll be listed too along with a definition for the word if we have one.
We hope that you find the site useful.
Regards, The Crossword Solver Team